Because this year’s winter has been unreasonably severe, Americans are eager to escape the cold more so than ever before- this includes planning trips, to look forward to, in the spring and summer. Florida, with its sunny weather, innumerable nature parks and theme parks alike, and unique blend of culture throughout, is the destination that never fails to provide a perfect vacation experience. Most importantly, Florida hosts a lineup of premier beaches on each of its coasts. Here is a guide to the top ones to help take your mind off the frigid winter outside or to inspire your travel in the future:
- Pete/Clearwater – Approximately 40-60 minutes away from Tampa, there is a string of 12 incredible beaches, including Honeymoon Island and Madeira, the lot of which are some of the most undeveloped stretches of beaches in the United States.
- The Panhandle – Fort Walton, Panama City, Pensacola, and Destin beaches contribute to Florida’s Northwestern string of beaches. Here you can find rolling dunes of white sand, family friendly attractions, and plentiful water sport concessions.
- Miami/Miami Beach – Situated between the Keys, Fort Lauderdale, and the Everglades, the southeast edge of Florida offers nearly 20 beaches, with a bustling, urban city, neighboring it.
- The West Coast – From Jacksonville to Cocoa Beach to Daytona Beach, the west coast of Florida houses some of the state’s most notorious beaches. It is important to note these beaches’ proximity to Florida’s beloved Orlando and Walt Disney World.
- Fort Meyers/Sanibel – In the southeast of Florida’s Gulf Coast, you can find shelly beaches accompanied by luxurious resorts, plentiful opportunities to kayak, island hop, or paddleboard, and countless fresh seafood restaurants.
Ready to visit Florida yet? Plan your stay in any of these areas with RoomShare. Find affordable hotel rooms and people with travel plans, similar to yours. You can also create a profile and explore roommate options for splitting hotel rooms and costs on future trips.
Need accommodations that work with your spring break budget or can’t use your own anymore? Make RoomShare the first place you look to, for reservations at sold out hotels/cities. On RoomShare, you can also sell hotel reservations that you no longer need, so you don’t lose all your money on them.
No matter what beach or city you visit in Florida, your stay will be tremendous. Just make sure you start the trip off right by visiting RoomShare beforehand.