As of today, spring is officially upon us! This is the time for new growth, good weather, and the last few weeks before summer vacation for those still in school. What better way to celebrate the season than by hitting up one of Virginia’s many upcoming outdoor festivals?
Spring signifies an end to gloomy winters and the reinvigoration of spirits and good vibes around the country. If you’re not spending the maximum amount of time you can outside, enjoying yourself during spring, then here’s something wrong with you. Here are a few handpicked events over the next few months to get you in the spirit of the season:
- Annual Cherry Blossom Festival in Virginia Beach- 3/24
- National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC- 3/17- 4/15
- Annual Daffodil Festival in Gloucester- 3/24-3/25
- Annual Antique Rose Festival in Lynchburg- 4/14-5/20
- The Festival of Spring Presented by Burnside Farms in Nokesville- 4/18-5/06
- Amherst Honey Bee Festival in Amherst- 4/21
- 63rd Annual Vintage Dogwood Festival in Vinton- 4/25-4/29
- Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester- 4/27-5/06
- Fairy Forest Festival in Lexington- 4/28
- Herbs Galore & More at Maymont in Richmond- 4/28
- Buchanan Garden Festival in Buchanan- 5/05
- Garden Fair in Boyce- 5/12- 5/13
- Delaplane Strawberry Festival in Delaplane- 5/26- 5/27
This list is only focused on those celebrations and festivals this spring related to the outdoors, nature, and flowers. For a complete list of all other events related to food, alcohol, culture, art, and music around the state, take a look here. There is no limit to the opportunity for fun and relaxation in the sun this spring.
Treat yourself to any number of these fantastic vents and book any accommodations needed with RoomShare. Take time to stop and smell the roses and start your exploration of Virginia or the rest of the United States with RoomShare and its hotel marketplace. Connect with other travelers on RoomShare’s forums and find your next travel buddy. Celebrate spring today with the help of RoomShare.