Frank Sinatra was not exaggerating when he sang “I want to be a part of it, New York, New York.” Activities abound during the winter months, as the whole city becomes lit with the holiday spirit.
In 2016, tourists flocked to city, reaching record numbers of more than 60 million visitors in total. This was roughly a 1.8 million increase from the previous year alone.
December in the city brings its own set of tourist attractions from ice skating, to the Rockettes, to New Year’s celebrations. With so many unforgettable events, it is easy to become overwhelmed!
Here are five of the most popular attractions in New York during the month of December:
- Rockefeller Center: Home of the iconic Christmas tree which stands nearly 85 feet tall, people gather to take in the beauty as well as take a spin around the world famous ice skating rink.
- Radio City Music Hall: Score tickets to see the Rockettes at the Radio City Christmas Spectacular for an extraordinary show!
- Saks Fifth Avenue: Come to purchase Holiday gifts or simply window shop. The store unveils its annual Holiday Windows and are known for their intricate lights display.
- Rolf’s: Dine in at this German restaurant located at the city’s Gramercy neighborhood to be surrounded by dozens of Christmas decorations decked out with lights and cheer.
- Bryant Park Winter Village: Leave the glitz and the glamor of the New York skyline to visit the charming Bryant Park. Visitors can spend their time ice skating or shopping at the outdoor village. Proceeds from sales help support the park’s upkeep.
And if you’re searching for last minute accommodations, check out RoomShare to book available rooms from travelers who are no longer planning to utilize their booking due to a change in plans.
If you’re looking to make your trip even more affordable, consider splitting a room on RoomShare as well. Create a profile and meet travelers of the same gender with similar interests to split the cost of a room with two full beds.
Or if your plans change last minute, advertise on RoomShare to earn back at least part of the amount you spent on your booking.
Do not miss your chance to experience all New York has to offer this winter. Book a hotel with RoomShare, and make sure to tell your friends “you’re leaving today!”