How do text message and push notifications work?
Text Message (SMS) notifications
We can let you know when you have new RoomShare system generated messages, booking requests, and more via text message (SMS) alerts. These notifications may be sent at any time, based on your notification settings.
To turn text message notifications on or off and manage the types of mobile notifications you receive, choose notification settings option under account settings
In the RoomShare mobile app:
- In the RoomShare app, tap the profile icon .
- Tap Settings > Notifications.
- Manage your notifications.
On the web:
- Click on account tab after logging in
- Under Account settings choose notification settings.
- Look for the Mobile Notifications / Text Messages settings pane. You can manage your settings here.
When you opt in to text message (SMS) notifications, we'll send you a text to confirm your signup.
If you use the RoomShare mobile app, we can also send push notifications straight to your smart phone. You can enable them from the app's Settings menu.
Why didn’t I receive my email notification?
If you didn’t receive an email notification from us, there are a few things you can do to
try and solve the issue.
Make sure your email address is correct
We might be sending emails to an old or incorrect email address. To check the email being used:
- Go to Edit Profile.
- Look for the Email Address field. Make sure your address is correct.
- If it’s incorrect, add the correct address, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save.
Check your email notification settingsWe'll only send the emails you tell us you want. Check your notification settings to make sure you haven't opted out of the email type you're looking for:
- Go to your Notification Settings.
- Look for the "Email Settings" field. Make sure you’ve chosen the email types you want to receive.
- After adding or removing check-marks from the right boxes, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
Search all messages in your email inbox
Sometimes emails can get lost in your inbox. In your email account, search for terms like "RoomShare", "booking", "verification", or other words related to the email you're looking for.
Check your spam and other email filters
It's possible your email provider mistakenly sent our messages to your spam or junk folder. To avoid this remove RoomShare messages from your spam list If you have other filters or routing rules in your email account that may have sorted RoomShare emails elsewhere, be sure to check those, too.
Check for issues with your email service provider
Depending on your provider, emails can take up to a few hours to be delivered. If undelivered or delayed emails continue to be an issue, check with your provider to see if there are any configuration issues or problems with their network that might be affecting your account.